Check your Eligibility
Recertification Eligibility Requirements
CRNFA recertification candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a current unrestricted RN license.
- Currently certified as a CNOR or APRN by a nationally recognized certification program.
- Currently certified as a CRNFA
- Have practiced as an RNFA within the two years immediately prior to application (practice hour requirement varies depending upon recertification method)
- Currently employed as an RNFA
Every requirement must be met at the time of application.
Practice hours earned in a volunteer status while working in the RNFA role may be used to fill the practice hour requirement beginning January 1, 2015.
An applicant's nationality, ethnicity, race, color, sexual-orientation, lifestyle, creed, or age is not a factor in determining eligibility for certification or recertification.