Board of Directors Opportunities
Board of Directors
The CCI Board of Directors is for perioperative leaders who wish to volunteer at the highest level of the profession. Board members partner with CCI leadership in the development of policies and strategies to advance the profession, and our commitment to perioperative excellence through certification and lifelong learning and professional development. We seek individuals who desire to be an active advocate for our vision and mission.
- Eligibility Requirements: Must be CNOR, CSSM, CRNFA or CNS-CP certified, be currently active in perioperative practice, and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing (other undergrad credentials are accepted). Candidates must have previous leadership experience, and will have served CCI in a previous volunteer capacity as a member of a test, product development, or ad-hoc committee or task force. Experience as a board member for another professional organization is a plus.
- Desired Competencies: Foundational Thinking, Communication, Decision-making, Collaboration, Analytical skills.
- Travel Required: Yes. Board members are required to attend three in person meetings per year at various locations. CCI will cover the cost to attend meetings, including airfare and hotel accommodations.
- Time Commitment: Three year term commitment, with an option for reappointment for a second three year term. In service to the Board, you should expect 6-8 hours of independent work per month.
- Other Requirements: Should you be selected, CCI will contact you further to submit a current bio, resume and candidate statement Board members are required to execute a Non-disclosure agreement and a Conflict of Interest Statement.
How to Apply
Click here to access the Board of Directors application.
Our annual call for volunteers is open through June 12, 2018. Please contact CCI at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on how to apply.