Recertify by Points
Recertification by Points recognizes that learning and competency maintenance can be accomplished in a variety of ways, including through successful participation in various professional activities. The Points method is designed to ensure skill development by the perioperative nurse by continued practice in the field and to advance the level of knowledge in areas relevant to the practice of the certificant.
To Recertify by Points:
- Determine the required number of Points
- Review Points Earning Period
- Complete Point Acceptable Activities
- Complete and submit 2017 CRNFA Points Recertification Application
- Submit the recertification fee
- Submit the application to CCI
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail to: COMPETENCY & CREDENTIALING INSTITUTE (CCI) 2170 South Parker Road, Suite 120 Denver, CO 80231.
- Fax to (303) 695-8464. Please call (888) 257-2667 to confirm its receipt.
CRNFA Recertification by Points cannot be completed online. Download the 2016 CRNFA Points Recertification Application. This application is only for recertification by points, not Contact Hours.
Required Number of Points
The number of points you are required to earn is dependent upon the number of clinical hours you have worked in an RNFA capacity over the last five years. You must accumulate all clinical practice hours and points between January 1st of the year you certified or recertified and December 31st of the year before you are due to recertify.
|1,000 or more ||400 Points |
|Between 500 and 999 ||500 Points |
Points Earning Period
The accrual window for completion of eligible activities for recertification by points is as follows:
|2010-2015 ||Jan. 1, 2010 - Dec. 31, 2014 ||July 1, 2015 ||December 31, 2014 |
|2011-2016 ||Jan. 1, 2011 - Dec. 31, 2015 ||July 1, 2016 ||December 31, 2015 |
|2012-2017 ||Jan. 1, 2012 - Dec. 31, 2016 ||July 1, 2017 ||December 31, 2016 |
|2013-2018 ||Jan. 1, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2017 ||July 1, 2018 ||December 31, 2017 |
|2014-2019 ||Jan. 1, 2014 - Dec. 31, 2018 ||July 1, 2019 ||December 31, 2018 |